Thursday, June 20, 2013

in focus


So, I checked into newborn photography around these parts, something that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.  Because, honestly, I've taken at least 200 photos of Barrett myself, and I didn't want to spend a ton of money on photos that really wouldn't look like him in another couple of months.  I couldn't find any photographers that didn't charge a minimum order fee of $250, and I get it I really do - why go through all the work of a session for me to order only $50 of prints?  But when we're talking about a total bill that would rival my car payment, I'm no longer interested.

And being the cheapskate that I am, I decided to pull out my fancy camera and stage some portraits.  I figured that if I could get at least one decent shot, I'd be worth it.  I ended up not getting to spend as much time taking photos as I'd have liked, since yesterday's photo shoot window of opportunity coincided with Sadie dog's vet appointment for a herniated disc.  Here's my attempt to be my own photographer...


Look at that pouty lip...

2 comments: