Saturday, June 22, 2013

i see


Barrett has discovered the joy of sight beyond a mere few inches.  The other day as Britton and I were taking our after-dinner walk, she invented this game where she gets to run to the next mailbox while I wait where I'm at.  Then when she gets to the mailbox she turns to tell me "GO!" and I walk to the mailbox she's at, and we do it all again to the next mailbox.  Not overly-exciting news, I know.  But the thing is, I had her tell me what house numbers were on the next mailbox, which was at least 30 feet away.  And she could see them!


One of my biggest fears for my children is that they will inherit either my or the hubs' ridiculously bad eyesight. I thought my eyes were bad, since I can't see 15 centimeters (centimeters?  Maybe my eye doctor was Canadian?) in front of my face without corrective lenses.  The hubs' vision is worse.  If either of us lost both contacts, we wouldn't legally be allowed to drive.  Heck, we wouldn't legally be allowed to do much but walk along walls and run into things.

Luckily, both Britton and Barrett took this week to prove to me that their eyesight works.  



And isn't it awesome when a baby is so utterly fascinated by Pier1 curtains?  Forget your fancy Baby Einstein high-falutin toys - just get some bright curtains to entertain a baby for ten minutes at a stretch.   


The intense curtain concentration wore Barrett out.  Yes, his diaper is hanging out.  Because his onesies are too short for his off-the-percentage-chart height/length.  Is it height if they can't even stand yet?  Regardless, the looking was too much for him!



No comments:

Post a Comment