Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas cards are out!

I mailed my cards out right after the calendar switched to December, so everyone should have gotten their card by now!  If not, please blame your local post office.  I had to send them out early this year because we have a different address than last year, and I wanted people to have our new address.

This year we went with a grey and red theme.  Funny thing is, as we were leaving the photo shoot from last year (at the Fort Worth Stockyards, in browns and turquoise - see here), I came up with the color scheme for this year.  I just try and keep it different from the year before.  Maybe next year I'll just go traditional red and green!  Hmmmm......that gives me an idea...........


We lucked out in that red and grey happened to be a popular color combo for cards on Tiny Prints.  Unfortunately, their cards no longer include an option where you can put a quote on the back of the card, now only photos.  Last year we used, "Little full.  Lot of sap." from "Christmas Vacation."  This year we were narrowing down our favorite "A Christmas Story" quote to use, only to discover there was no text options!

Funny story - this picture was taken by a co-worker, who used to be a professional photographer.  She asked if I had a place in mind, and the hub and I decided on the Westinghouse campus.  Westinghouse is one of the biggest employers around here and their office campus is huge and park-like.  All those trees behind us were covered in beautiful fall foliage when the hub and I had discovered the area.  Not two weeks later, Hurricane Sandy had managed to blow off all the leaves!  We kept the same location anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment