Sunday, December 23, 2012

deuce: twenty weeks

I'm officially half way through!  I've been progressing now, getting more and more tired and achy.  My belly growth has slowed down (for now), and my cravings have mostly disappeared, except for an especially strong craving for Lucky Charms cereal!  The easy cheese still makes an appearance on the grocery list, but the hub has started indulging in it too.  For my pregnancy with Britton, the hub loved pizza - now this time around he loves easy cheese!  Truth be told, I think he's disappointed that I haven't had more cravings, but with such boring and bland food options in Pennsylvania I just haven't been inspired yet.  If we had an In-N-Out Burger or a Taco Bueno, it'd be a totally different story!


On the nursery front, we ordered our bedding!   It's the "Jackson" bedding from Pottery Barn Kids and I ordered the sheet, crib skirt, and bumper.  I also ordered a 12-month picture frame, same as Britton has.  We still need to get a crib, a dresser, and a rocker/glider, and we've decided to go with cherry.  Except for the dresser, which is blue.  I found some adorable whale alphabet and number prints on Etsy, and once the holidays are over I fully intend to sit down and order the accessories.  


Lastly, I had my gestational diabetes hour test last week.  I fully intend to fail, and I told my doctor that we should just skip the one-hour test and go directly for the three-hour test.  He didn't agree, so I got stuck drinking the orange "soda" and waiting around the local Lab Corps.  My doctor's appointment this month is the day after Christmas, so we'll see if I failed!  But, since I haven't been told I failed yet, I still got to indulge in Santa cookies with Britton!

No comments:

Post a Comment