Tuesday, December 18, 2012

more Christmas fun days

Luminary Night in the neighborhood
Every year, our neighborhood association hands out luminary bags and candles to all 303 homeowners, and everyone sets their out along their sidewalk.  We drove around the neighborhood to see the effect, and it was breathtaking.  Though, I have heard rumors that those who don't participate are ostracized, and I can see why - the continuance of lights is enchanting.

Tomorrow, Santa Claus is coming to town - to Britton's daycare class, to be exact.  And Saturday is my company's kid party, with ornament painting and another visit with Santa Claus.  But it is a good chance for her to meet the kids of some people I work with, and the party is at our favorite apple orchard and farmer's market.

Then, one week from TODAY, it's Christmas.  Are you ready?  We are.  I'm ready to slow down, take a breather and put my feet up, be with my family, and just take a moment to remember what Christmas is all about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment