Thursday, May 31, 2012

granny squares quilt, II


Remember when I made the granny squares quilt for the hub's Granny? And remember how I just had to make one for myself? Well, that's about where my motivation peaked. Cutting out hundreds of little 2.5 inch squares, putting them together, and then remembering I had to do it 20 times, well. Let's just say this quilt took a while to finish! But I forged ahead and got it done, and I'm glad because I love how it turned out.



Got the back and binding from the hub's Memaw's stash. It's a dark blue paisley, with pinks and greens, and the colors pick up all the colors in the quilt without overpowering it.


After we took pictures of the quilt in the backyard, Britton announced she was going to use the quilt "for a picnic" on the dirty patio floor. The hub distracted her while I grabbed her Winnie the Pooh quilt and suggested she use that one instead. Turns out what she really wanted was a photo session with her quilt...


She was serious about it too!  She held that quilt up with a no-nonsense look.  So cute here, because she turned the quilt around and said, "Now let's get the back," just like me!


I could not deny this girl her quilt photo session.  I just kept snapping away...












No comments:

Post a Comment