Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mother's day!

Britton's daycare class always makes Mother's Day gifts, and every year they are a hoot. Last year I got the decorated flower pot and purple flower (still alive!). This year I got a coupon book - good for "one free hug" and "breakfast in bed," a construction paper flower, and a construction paper flower basket.




The best part was this questionnaire. Britton's teacher Ms. I told me Britton's answers were her favorite, and I have to agree - her answers made me happy!


This morning, Britton wandered into our room at 6:51 am (oh, the humanity!) and the hub reached over and handed me my card and present. He gave me a gift card for a massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure! I'm calling tomorrow to book it, as I've been whining about needing a massage for months, and my feet look like a giant callus. True story. So, we spent the day hanging out, and the hub made breakfast and wrangled Britton most of the morning. Late this morning we went to Lowe's for a new tree (one of ours out front has been replaced three times, and we're just giving up on its location).

 But this afternoon Miss Britton turned into a royal pain, and I was at my breaking point with her. She kept "having accidents" even though we had asked her repeatedly if she had to go to the bathroom. Then she would refuse to change out of her wet clothes. I was sick of hearing her say "no" and I was about to show her how much, when the hub talked her into some cooperation and an apology. I took her outside to distract her from her mood, and remembered a little spray bottle I had in my cleaning supplies. We took it outside and sprayed down chalk drawings to darken their color. This provided some entertainment for the rest of the afternoon, and no more whiny obnoxious behavior out of Britton.


Britton's "artwork."
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment