Thursday, May 17, 2012

memaw's visit

On Monday Memaw came to visit us! She and PawPaw moved about a month ago, and while it might seem long to us, it probably seemed like ages to Memaw. Britton with randomly bring Memaw and PawPaw up, always saying that they are on a trip. And it's hard to explain to her the difference between their trip (not coming back) and the hub's business trips (is coming back). And we didn't tell Britton until Sunday that Memaw was coming, so that she wouldn't have to wait a long time.

 On Monday, I picked up Britton from daycare before lunch and we went to the airport to get Memaw. Britton was so patient I was thoroughly impressed, though she did get scared of the parking garage (too dark and loud) and the public toilets! She has always hated public toilets because of the loud whooshing sound they make when flushing, and I think the poor thing thinks it will pull her down the drain! Long way around a short story, I know.

 Anywho, we found Memaw and headed back to the house with some Chick-fil-A. On Tuesday we baked an Italian Cream Cake for Memaw's old coworkers, and she and Britton went up to our old place of work to visit. I stayed home to work. On the way home, Memaw treated Britton to In-N-Out Burger (Britton's first time!) and some ice cream, and then Britton crashed out in the car.



On Wednesday Memaw took Britton to the zoo! Britton was over the moon about this because when she got home she was as excited as I've ever seen her. She was naming off animals, and just lit up.


Here's Britton covered in sunscreen!  I think my camera's flash is too bright, judging by Britton's squinting eyes!


After the zoo, Britton and Memaw went into Britton's room to play so I could finish up my work.  Here is Britton "putting Memaw down for her nap."  I joined the party soon after, and Memaw enticed Britton to show off her ballet skills for us!  Britton has her recital on Monday, and up until yesterday I had never seen Britton dance.  She is so expressive, and points her toes, and really enjoys the music.  It made Memaw and me quite mushy!


Not one to let an opportunity slip away, the hub and I left Memaw in charge and had a quick date night at Cheesecake Factory last night!  We brought desserts home, and all of us went upstairs to veg and eat cheesecake!  This morning the hub took Memaw to the airport early, so I didn't see them off properly.  But just as I was getting roused up to get ready, I noticed a little head poking up at the end of the bed.  Britton crawled into bed with me, telling me she wanted Memaw back.  We all do Britton!  

No comments:

Post a Comment