Friday, December 18, 2009

not so newborn





I had to include this picture...she wasn't ready for the picture (or tired of the flash), but she was on the way to a smile and she just looks so darn cute...


Has anyone seen my newborn? I mean the little one who couldn't do anything but eat, sleep, poop, and occasionally look at things cross-eyed. Anyone? Because she's not here anymore. Instead I found a baby. One who tries desperately to sit up and looks like she's doing crunches, who can roll around her crib, who can reach both sides of the crib at the same time, who tries to talk and baby babbles in paragraphs now, who can hold her head up and sit in her Bumbo seat without slumping over, who wants to be entertained and demands attention beyond feeding, who can not only enjoy the activity mat but now reaches and grabs and pulls and squeals with delight if she gets the giraffe.

Oh, they grow up so fast.

I know the next milestones - the crawling, the rolling over completely, the walking, the talking, the eating. But I also know they grow to need independence, push mom away, demand to do it herself, leaving me the beautiful sight of the back of her head as she charges into the world.

But please, just let her be little...because she's only that way for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment