Monday, December 14, 2009

lovely saturday and not-so-lovely saturday night

On Saturday the hub, Britton, and I ventured out to meet the hub's aunt Judy and cousins Carrie and Randi for lunch. They have an annual Christmas shopping trip to Oklahoma City, and this year we met up with them for some sustenance before they braved the mall.





We had a wonderful time hanging out with the ladies and eating some good Mexican food. It's not often that the hub and I actually enter a restaurant other than to pick up take-out, so this was a real treat. And of course, for me, adult conversation for an hour was incredible!

But, all good things must end. And Saturday night, between sleep regression and gas issues, Britton was up, off and on, until 5:00 a.m. The hub and I took shifts, pulling out our collective parenting playbook to comfort this girl into blissful sleep. But she wasn't having any of it. Finally, at 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning, I awoke to Britton laid out on the floor of the living room, and the hub sleeping next to her with only a few throw pillows and a blanket. I tell you, my heart melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment