Thursday, December 17, 2009

getting ready for Christmas

Britton has been doing much better with her sleep, though I did catch her on the monitor one night doing what it is she does that wakes her up. She tries to sit up in her crib. All the activity finally wakes her up and she decides that since she's up anyway, might as well eat.

So she's been crashing in the early evening...


But that's fine with me. And she's still trying to put everything into her mouth, even our fingers.




Today Britton and I made Christmas cookies. I make them every year for the hub to bring to work and to give to friends. I LOVE baking, got into it when I was pregnant and never stopped. Cooking frustrates me because I'm not the kind of person to just throw in this sauce or that spice. I need the structure of baking because it being so precise I can guarantee the outcome. So this morning I couldn't wait until Mom's Day Out this afternoon and propped Britton up on the counter at 7:30 a.m. for a little baking lesson. I told her what I was doing as I was doing it, and threw in little tips (like "Don't overwork the dough!") along the way. She was completely entertained, and I'm certain that during her morning nap she dreamt of sparkling sugar and cookie dough.




Grandma and Grandpa will be here on Sunday, and Britton and I are making even more cookies so they'll be fresh when our guests get here. Then it is nine whole days of Christmas vacation. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment