Thursday, December 31, 2009

happy new year, 2010

Who doesn't reflect over the past year on New Year's Eve? I don't make resolutions anymore. Mainly because I usually fail to keep them, but also because I don't believe that resolutions are a once-a-year thing. Aren't we all striving each day to be better? I don't need a tattered list of things like "take more baths" and "lose weight" to remind me of what comes into my mind each day. But I do believe in reflection. Because if you don't know where you've been, how do you really know where it is you want to go?

The Top 10 Things I Learned in 2009

1. I need to read more books and less magazines.

2. Childbirth is harder than people tell you before the epidural, and easier than people tell you after it.

3. I thought I was voting for the lesser of the two evils in the 2008 presidential election. I was wrong.

4. I am a better mom than I think I am, though not as good as I wish I was.

5. Just because you don't have a job doesn't mean you don't work.

6. There's little a good night of sleep can't fix.

7. Asking for help is harder than accepting it.

8. Cowboy boots are comfortable. Really.

9. Vices are bad, but necessary.

10. If I had my life to live again, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment