Friday, May 1, 2009

the move

The hub and I got in around midnight last night. Our original flight was to have landed in Charleston at around 6:00 p.m., but as luck (our luck) would have it, Chicago was having bad weather, blah, blah, blah, and long story short we were rerouted to Denver - Dulles - Charleston. We kept telling the United reps that we had to be back in Charleston THAT NIGHT because the movers were coming the next day and didn't they understand how important it was that we get the house packed up? My feet were so big by the end of the night that my flip flops were barely staying on. Needless to say, once we got home and did laundry, I fell into bed.

See, I've been battling bronchitis and sinus issues all week. Love the pregnancy immune system! (But I still refused to wear the mask in the airport, swine flu be damned!) The bronchitis worked itself out by Wednesday, but the sinus problems only got worse with the plane rides all day. This morning I woke up to the alarm at 7:00 a.m. with the same sinus headache I went to bed with. I went to get Sadie from the vet, and on my return home the movers called me. See, I was told yesterday that they would show up between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., so I felt safe going to rescue Sadie from the boarders at 7:30 a.m. WRONG. I rushed home and the movers went to town on my house.

Everything is now in boxes. And, for the first time in all my moves (and there have been A LOT), I did not have to pack a thing. Nothing. I've been sitting on the couch all morning watching everyone else work. And I loved every minute of it. It's been a whirlwind week for me - Monday was my last day of work, and to call it traumatic is simplifying it. I hate leaving a job I don't want to leave, and I had a ridiculous drive home, alternating between crying (missing my work people) and coughing (bronchitis). Early Tuesday morning we were on the plane to OKC. Wednesday we closed on our new house (and I won't even bore you with the details of how the mortgage company needed documents sitting 1600 miles away in my file cabinet), and Thursday we returned to WV. First thing I'm doing after the move, after everything is unpacked, is putting my swollen feet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment