Tuesday, May 5, 2009

we are here

The movers showed up Friday morning ready to pack. I was told they would be there between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., so you can imagine my surprise on my drive home from picking up Sadie that at 8:00 a.m. the movers were wondering where I was. I barked out some lame excuse about being told they would be there later and sped home. You know what I did while four men packed up my house? Nothing. I sat on the couch and watched tv, until they packed the tv. Then I mindlessly web-browsed for hours.

They ended up packing AND loading on Friday, so we were able to leave a day early. We arrived on Saturday night, got Pei Wei and rented "Role Models" (so funny!) and went back to the empty house. On Sunday one of the movers called to see if we wanted the hub's truck and motorcycle delivered. Yes!



Now, I'm not going to lie. This isn't pretty. Six month pregnant feet, after 2 days air travel, followed closely by 14 hours in the car. Sure, I walked every rest stop, but I can't stop mother nature. These ankles have roll marks! My feet are so tight from the swelling they are actually shiny.




Sadie hanging out on the movers' plastic walkways. So careful about carpet when the mud is red! And it has been raining in OK like nobody's business. She looks like I'm yelling at her because I probably was. I spent two days telling her to get out of the way.



On Monday morning, bright and early, our moving friends showed up to unload the truck. Here are the hub and Sadie keeping watch over the whole procedure, the hub's Starbucks shaken lemonade/green tea (sweetened) at the ready. This is as easy as moving gets people!



Our main mover Art referred to this as the "bingo list." As items came off the truck, they yelled out its inventory number and we marked it off.



Living amongst the boxes. Ugh. The hub is smiling because we haven't started unpacking yet. Fast forward to Tuesday night, and we'll both be cussing like sailors.




Do I want to unload every box and hang curtains and figure out where pictures should go? Of course. But what do I insist we do next? That's right - put together the crib. The crib we won't need for a minimum of four months. Who am I to question nesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment