Thursday, May 21, 2009

the puppy

Yes, she's almost 3 years old. Her birthday is August 12, 2009, just one week before my due date and third wedding anniversary. But Sadie is still my puppy. She has seemed down since we moved out here. Not because she misses her doggy friends - she didn't have any in WV, and the annoying puffy dog next door doesn't count. Or the dog from across the street who liked to poop in my yard. I think she is bored of me.



She still likes to snuggle, will take over the bed like nobody's business, but during the day she just looks sad.



She falls between either wanting to sleep or wanting to play. Though, since moving here, she has added a third category: laying outside on the patio sunning her belly. I can't stand the idea of her getting too hot, or leaving the door open with the air conditioning on, so most mornings I will pull up the shades and move a mat in front of the door window so she can sun her belly indoors. This is her heaven.

But everything changes when her daddy gets home. She is ready. See, he "fights" with her better than I do, and she knows it. The hub trained her early on to not bite, so while her playing make look vicious, she'll never bite him. When she has slipped up, gotten too excited, she knows it and immediately hangs her head in shame at the daddy she has disappointed.

The hub will get on the floor, and spend time throwing the ball and various toys for her to return to him with glee. He wiggles his feet and she attacks. She loves it. She loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment