Thursday, May 28, 2009

the chair has arrived!

I was on the phone with my sister yesterday when I noticed that Storkland was beeping in on the other line. I quickly tried to switch over, but of course I don't know how to switch to the other line (home phone, not cell phone) so I ended up hanging up on them. I called back and was told that my chair was in! I was also told that my mattress still had not shipped from the manufacturer and they had no idea when it would show up. Hmmmm. But back to the chair - it is here!

Made in America (Indiana) and by Best Chairs, the pattern is a damask called "Shamrock." The bedding has green accents, and we figured that since the bedding had polka-dots and stripes, and the window treatments have polka-dots and plaid, let's keep the patterns coming. Plus, it is gender-neutral for use with possible future babies. I like nurseries that go together, but aren't themed-out. And this one is turning out awesome!

The domestic violence advocate at the courthouse I used to work at told me how she got a Cracker Barrel rocker for her nursery, and it ended up being so uncomfortable she never used it. The hub and I went for style and comfort here. The chair is fully padded, and rocks AND glides on a metal base. It is one of the few pieces of furniture we own that did not have to be put together. For some reason it looks small in the picture, but it is actually the size of a normal club chair or recliner.

Notice the ruffled lamp? That's courtesy of IKEA, $2 of fancy ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and some tacky glue. Target wants $29 for this lamp? Ha!

Close-up of the pattern:


And, of course at my favorite store Target, I found this frame with the same pattern as the chair and had to buy it.

And back on my run of stealing art from the internet, I saw this drawing online (I have no idea which website) of a little girl standing on the cliff overlooking flowers and fell in love.


The actual drawing, since I know it is hard to see in the above picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment