Friday, January 31, 2014

OKC and you know me

The hubs, Britton, and Memaw are visiting the hubs' Granny in Oklahoma City for a couple of days.  Not wanting the hassle and grief of traveling with a baby, I offered to keep Barrett home.  They've been running around town, showing Britton the city she hasn't seen since she was one year old, and eating at all our old favorite restaurants.  Britton is at a great age to visit Oklahoma City, and the weather is cooperating perfectly for her - no snow in OKC!  

At the hospital where she was born (they also went by our old house and Britton's first daycare)...


Ted's - yummy Mexican food - for lunch, and the girl still has a thing for the queso and chips...


Some Western wear.  And every little girl should have a pink rhinestone heart belt...


In between photo updates from the hubs, I've been fiddling with the master bathroom.  This is the last room left.  I haven't done a thing to it, not even painted over the icky ivy stenciled border around the ceiling.  We had big plans last year - rip it all out, make it all new, but our enthusiasm has waned.  Mostly because we don't want to over-invest in this house, especially to remodel a room we use less than an hour a day.  We're fine with the idea of a little paint and some new towel rods and accessories, but neither of us care to go through a big remodel project.  

So, I'm working on painting those stenciled walls, and trying to whittle down my choices.  Wythe Blue, my first choice, is too dark.  Sea Salt is too light.  I thought I was decided on Rainwashed, but then when I went into the bathroom this evening, the Rainwashed looked too light and the Palladian Blue looked just right (of course, this afternoon the Palladian Blue looked too blue).  I must remind myself - it's just a bathroom!


So I am trying to decide once and for all.  And keeping myself busy until my hubs and Britton come home and make this house loud again.

No comments:

Post a Comment