Thursday, January 23, 2014

I went amish, and I liked it

I have these random memories of wearing little corduroy jumpers with appliqué owls and alphabets and the like, always with a turtleneck and a sassy grin.  I was probably in preschool at the time.  And since my nostalgia is in high-gear these days, I wanted to make a jumper for Britton.  I don't make a lot of clothing, so I figured I'd give it go and hope for the best!  I checked out JoAnns, found some small wale grey corduroy and a bumble bee appliqué, then discovered a pattern online.


You can't see here because she has her jacket on, but I also put on yellow flower buttons on the shoulder straps.  Britton loved it!  I spotted some beautiful red seersucker too, so a summer peasant dress may be in the works soon!  This clothing-making spell might stick around after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment