Sunday, January 26, 2014

snow for days

I was fine when a little snow showed up on Thursday, even nonchalant about Friday's random flurries. But then, on Friday night, it started snowing and just hasn't stopped!  Britton and I attempted to get to a playdate on Saturday morning, and had to turn around when we encountered roads that hadn't been plowed.  Then the library's "Mother -Daughter Princess Tea Party" was cancelled.  So I had to just give in and accept that we weren't leaving the house ever again.

Fine, a little but dramatic, but when I realized the snow was piling up the walls quickly started closing in!  I decided we needed some distraction, pronto!  Britton and I started in the kitchen, making Memaw's Amish bread.  Then we cleaned my master bathroom.  Actually, I cleaned and Britton did that kid "helping" thing where all she really wanted was to squeeze the Windex bottle 500 times.  By this morning, we were out of indoor chores and moved the party outside.  And shoveled the driveway!


Of course, it wasn't all work!  The hubs took Britton out on the four-wheeler for a spin down the street and through the yard.


Barrett missed out on all the outdoor fun, poor thing.  Don't worry - he got his revenge by refusing to eat dinner and then losing his cool completely with a full-on meltdown.  Toothing pain plus no nap means we are all over this weather.  Here's to leaving the house tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. That snow looks like fun! I guess now's not the time to tell you I was out in shorts and a t-shirt all weekend enjoying the 70 degrees here in TX! :)

    ReplyDelete