Monday, October 21, 2013

the cammy triangle quilt


The minute I saw this quilt I knew I was going to make it.  I saw on a quilt blog that it was featured in a magazine (see it here), and I noticed that it was made out of a jellyroll.  I figured I could make it out of scraps, just cut into 2.5 inch wide strips.  And I wanted it bright and cheery and fun.  And who can resist triangles?


I stitched 1/4 inch on either side of the seams with my walking foot, and used my absolute favorite turquoise for the binding.


Britton helped me pick out the backing - it's usually the hardest decision of the quilt, so I decided to just let someone else make it.  Even if she's only four years old.


It finishes out lap-quilt-sized, and I gave it to my mom for her birthday.  She loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment