Saturday, October 5, 2013

soccer: a pictoral

I was watching Britton play soccer today, thinking to myself that she just looked so happy.  As much as Britton had wanted to do ballet and tap in the spring, getting her to actually go into her classroom every Saturday morning was a struggle.  There wasn't a Saturday that I didn't want to just stop taking her, call it a day, and end the battle of finishing what you've started versus being miserable.  

But soccer, this is different.  She's having fun. She looks forward to it, dressing in her soccer clothes long before we need to leave.  She runs hard, she sweats, she blocks the goal and dribbles the ball and runs into the boys and they plow right through her and she loves every minute of it.  

I promised myself that today I'd take photographs, and then put away the camera for the rest of the season and just watch her enjoying the game.  






No comments:

Post a Comment