Thursday, October 31, 2013

happy halloween!

Britton did a trial run of her Halloween costume yesterday, and decided she needed a "punkin mask."  Since we have no such thing, she wanted her face painted.  Again, no face paint.  So I dug into the craft box for washable paint, and gave her the orange face with brown "punkin stump" she described.



Yes, even I dressed up!  I've worn this poodle skirt close to 20 Halloweens, at least, and even though nobody else at work dressed up, I just wanted to be a part of Britton's excitement for Halloween.  Fine, fine.  Truth be told, I just wanted to wear blue eyeshadow.


Everyone at Britton's school was encouraged to dress in costume today because of their big Halloween parade this afternoon.  She woke me up at midnight last night asking if it was time to get ready.  Suffice it to say, she was excited!  Both the hubs and I made it to her parade this afternoon, which went off without a hitch until the rain moved in and cut the whole thing short.



We made it home in time to make dinner and get ready for some trick-or-treating.  


I had to get at least one picture of Barrett in his costume.  It's a "first Halloween" requirement, and the "My First Halloween" onesie and black kitty socks weren't enough.   I borrowed three costumes from a friend (pumpkin, giraffe, and Nemo), and I figured if I put him in the pumpkin costume then he and Britton would be my "pumpkin patch."  As you can see, he was not happy about the costume, so we took the picture and ditched the costume!


Do-it-yourself Halloween luminaries - easier than carving pumpkins!

After dinner, we start getting the candy ready for trick-or-treaters, with plans to just leave it on the front porch while I take Britton trick-or-treating.  And Britton decides that she needs a costume change, from pumpkin princess to pink Power Ranger!


So we ventured out into the driving rain, hit up about three houses, Britton got scared of the zombie and monster costumes, and we headed back home.  Happy Halloween!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment