Thursday, October 17, 2013

inspiration

Lately, I've been finding creative inspirations in different places. Normally, I scroll through quilt blogs for quilting ideas, the Pottery Barn catalogue for decorating ideas, and Southern Living for baking ideas. Pretty standard stuff. But then, one Sunday afternoon, when the hubs and I may or may not have been watching "In the Kitchen with David" * on QVC (ok, we were), the QVC screen went to promos and had this triangle background.


And, to me, it was the perfect Christmas tree table runner. So much so, that I took this picture of the picture that I took on the iPad (yes, a picture of a picture) and went to JoAnns for fabric, and have my triangles all cut out.

Then, on Sunday night, Memaw and I were watching "Revenge" on television. Memaw doesn't watch it, and I'm willing to give it one more season before I give up on it, not because it's not good because it is, but seriously it needs some direction and the anti-hero storyline without the predictable redemption swell, but I digress. Memaw spotted a cute painting over the shoulder of one of the more annoying characters "Jack" (only exceeded in annoying behavior by his brother Declan, who was luckily killed off at the end of last season), and we rewound the show and paused it at the painting in order to snap a photo of it.


Will I ever make it? I don't know. I hope so. Will I ever finish the table runner? I hope so on that too. And hopefully before Christmas, so I can use it! It's just funny how things you'd probably never notice will influence your creativity.

* As much as the hubs and I have watched "In the Kitchen with David," we have never ordered anything from QVC. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment