Saturday, July 20, 2013

pool time anytime

It's been hot here the last couple of days, as it has been all along the east coast.  Well, it's been what people around here consider "hot" - over 90 degrees.  But since I used to live in Oklahoma and Texas, where we regularly wore short sleeves all year long and it topped 90 degrees at Thanksgiving, we're not losing it over the heat.  But because no one here is used to it, the public pool has become a veritable crowd control issue, and I'm not thinking that it's relief from the heat if I'm trying to swim in my 2 square inches of personal space in the shallow area of the pool.

So, our neighbors put out their blow up pool and Britton saw it.  Which of course means that she wanted to get in ours.  Since we had failed to hide the pool well, she knew we had it and had every intention of getting into it, cold hose water be damned.  While the hubs blew up the pool and filled it, I got myself and Barrett ready to join them.  But the water really was ridiculously cold, so Barrett hung out with the hubs while I froze, standing in 8 inches of water.



The driveway pool is the newest thing, didn't you know?
Britton loved every minute of it!  She especially loved pretending to be her swimming teacher, and instructing me to "scoop the water!" and "put your arms out like Superman!"


I convinced her to get out so I could hold the baby and the hubs could get dinner done.  And I've promised to take her to the public pool tomorrow so she can actually swim (with a life jacket).  But it doesn't open until 11:30 am, so you know she's going to spy that pool still in the driveway and want back in.  I just hope it's warmed up by then!


No comments:

Post a Comment