Monday, July 15, 2013

it's been a long week

We started out last Wednesday with a two-month wellness check at the pediatrician office.  And shots.  Oh, the shots.  This was Barrett's first round of shots and I had no idea how he would react.  Fever?  Screaming for hours?  Hmmm, as you can tell, I'm an optimistic when it comes to such things!  But seriously, I was hoping for the best, and I got it.  As Jessica predicted, Barrett came home and took a THREE HOUR NAP.  It was awesome.  And he wasn't too sore or too cranky either.  
And there was 4th birthday party preparations for Britton.  First and foremost, Britton's birthday quilt...

And making cake pops!  If I had known it was so easy, I wouldn't have been buying them at Starbucks!    I followed this recipe and they turned out amazing.  Into the freezer they go for the next three weeks.

And washing 9 month clothing I didn't think I'd be pulling out this soon.  Seriously, nine months.  Barrett is now 16 pounds, 0.6 ounces and 25 inches.  I asked what percentiles those are, and it appears they are off the chart measurements.  Big boy here.
 



1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see how big he gets as he grows-maybe you have a little linebacker on your hands! He's adorable! Also-totally can't believe that Britton is about to turn four!!! It seems like a few months ago I got her birth announcement in the mail!

    ReplyDelete