Wednesday, May 29, 2013

the days are long but the years are short


Barrett's baby announcement photo

I've kept a running to-do list on the counter, trying to get things done while I am on maternity leave.  So far I have finished my updated family videos, made a photo album, made and sent out baby announcements, and ordered fabric for a new quilt.  Which may sound like a lot, but really isn't.  And that's good.  Because this time around, I'm not worried about getting things done.  I'm sitting around a lot, watching bad daytime television shows, and holding Barrett a lot longer than he probably cares for me too.  I've kissed every inch of his beautiful baby head, snuggled him harder when he makes little baby puppy noises, and rocked and rocked and rocked him.  


There's an entire world outside my front door that I can't and don't keep up with.  By the late afternoon, when the dirty bottles are piled up, and Britton and the hubs are home, we catch up with each other.  And play.  And attempt to make dinner.  And give baths and find desserts and drink one more cup of coffee before collapsing on the couch.  This is how I spend my days.  And it's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment