Monday, May 6, 2013

baby deuce: shenanigans aplenty


Turns out, having your second baby doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of knowing more, so we're all up the creek around here.  Every day I have strong contractions for two hours, then they stop.  Right on cue.  But Sunday night, during "Game of Thrones" and one intense storyline, I had contractions ten minutes apart for two hours. Then instead of stopping, they started out being seven minutes apart.  I called my doctor and she had us come to the hospital.

And then, at sometime after midnight, after I get into the awful gown and lay on the uncomfortable bed, my contractions stop.  Just like that.  We were sent home at 1:30 am.


And at 5:00 am, I get up to pee.  Except, my bed is wet.  Like, really wet and my legs are wet and my water has broken.  So I put a towel on the bed and go back to sleep because I don't want to deal with this at 5:00 am.  When I wake up at a more decent hour, the doctor again tells us to go back to the hospital.  And I'm embarrassed because dangitall we were JUST THERE and I better not be wrong about this water breaking thing or else I'm going to look like a moron.

Tests show there's no amniotic fluid.  The doctor's best guess is that a baby that was over 9 pounds a week ago laid on my bladder and I peed the bed.  I'm mortified.  Seriously, my doctor is trying to make it better ("It happens all the time!" and "You wouldn't believe how weak bladder muscles get!") and I can't get past this amateur hour we've entered.  We never dealt with any of this with Britton - with her, my water broke, I went to the hospital, they hooked me up with pitocin and an epidural, and I had her 10 hours later.  If Britton was my easy baby, we're screwed!
The only child for only one more day...
Induction tomorrow at 4:30 am......

1 comment: