Monday, May 13, 2013

happy mother's day

We decided to celebrate Mother's Day a day late because Britton wasn't coming home from Memaw and PawPaw's house until then.  When we took Barrett to the pediatrician on Friday for his check-up, his bilirubin levels were too high, so we had to put him on a blue light blanket and supplement with formula all weekend.  Since we were going to have to be next to an electrical outlet for the next 48 hours straight, Memaw offered to take Britton to her house.  That way Britton could have fun and the hubs and I could deal with keeping Barrett under the blue light blanket continuously.

Last week I got an email that Britton's school had a special present for moms on Friday.  So Friday morning I dropped Britton off at school, and her class had made Mother's Day gifts - necklaces!  She was so proud of her necklace and did a great job.


She also made me this flower.  By the time I got back to the car, I was bawling my eyes out.  Birth hormones plus lack of sleep equals me doing my ugly cry in the school parking lot.


Today, the hubs gave me a Yankee Candle ("Pink Sands" - love the smell!) and a picture frame for the baby's picture.  And we celebrated with a pink strawberry cake, because when I tell Britton we're having a party she assumes there will be cake!  My first Mother's Day as a mom of TWO.

Add:  I just had to include this.  After I had written this post, Britton came up to me, out of nowhere, and said, "I'm glad you're my mommy."  I hugged her ridiculously close as I said, "I'm glad your my Britton."  And then I pretended that I had something in my eye when in all reality I was crying like a baby.  It doesn't get sweeter than that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment