Thursday, May 2, 2013

45 months old


Testing, 1, 2, 3, testing.  That is the theme this month!  Britton, three going on thirteen, has decided to test the hubs and I with everything from hitting to independence to how far she can go with demands.  I've dealt with more than my fair share of fits thrown because Britton doesn't understand why she can't go on a walk by herself.  Ugh.


Luckily, though, Britton has been good about becoming an older sister.  She is excited about her baby brother, and tells me that she is going to change his diaper, feed him a bottle, put him in her bed, and make him laugh. I do remind her that babies aren't much fun in the beginning, but she'd prefer I don't rain on her parade.  


Britton's class has been discussing feelings this month, so she has become more vocal about her feelings.  For instance, she tells me when she's sad or if a friend hurt her feelings or what makes her happy.  We're working on keeping the feeling words out there.  School is going great - her class just planted trees for Earth Day and she brought a spruce tree home to plant.  Between that and the fairy garden, I'm going to make a gardening partner out of her yet!  


Likes:  yogurt, Eat N Park Smiley cookies, Barbie movies (ugh), the pink Power Ranger (she's never seen the show - a boy at her school gets them all to act out Power Rangers), running, playing her guitar

Dislikes:  not being allowed to do things she thinks she can do but I know are not safe, the tap part of dance class, sneakers not being tight enough

No comments:

Post a Comment