Sunday, September 30, 2012

ornery and ugh

Yep, that's how I'm feeling right now - ornery and ugh.  With a bit of sourpuss thrown in for good measure.  See, I start a new out-of-the-house job tomorrow and I'm downright cranky about it.  Despite moving every 1.6 years for the last six years, I do actually prefer stability and routine.  I wish I could say that I'm one of those women who love to meet new people, and join neighborhood clubs, and think a new job is a great opportunity for growth, whathaveyou.  I'm not.  I don't like change.  Never have.

So I'm DVRing my beloved "Revenge" premiere and going to bed early, and hope that I make it through the day without writing my resignation letter in my head.*

*To clarify, I don't always assume the worse.  I really don't.  But I've never had a job where I didn't spend the entire first month deciding on how to quit.  It takes me a good month to learn a new job and the people and the company, and that first month is excruciatingly hard.  And some jobs that I have hated the most early on have been the ones I ended up loving the most (like the public defender gig).  It's just that I know it's coming and I can't/won't change my attitude about it, so I'm predicting ornery and ugh overrule growth and acceptance tomorrow.  That's all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment