Tuesday, October 2, 2012

38 months old


Back for our monthly check-in!  Well, we've experienced a first for Britton - her need of winter clothes that last more than two months!  It's starting to get colder here, and so I've gotten a chance to buy her a winter wardrobe, something I never really got to do in Texas.  She's in 5T/5 clothes, which just blows my mind.  And Britton has taken to pants very well, which I wondered about since she refused to wear anything but skirts this whole summer!

Britton's sleeping has gotten so much better too, now that she's settled in the new house and her routine.  One night I just had enough, I threatened to take a stuffed animal if she got out of bed, and lo and behold, she got out of bed.  So, I took her stuffed animal.  She cried, told me she got her friend at the store and it was hers and I couldn't take it, which of course made me feel bad.  But the consequence had to mean something, and it did.  We've had no problems since.  Now she knows Mommy means business!


Britton loves going on walks in the neighborhood, especially when her "friends" are out playing.  "Friends" can be any of the number of children who live on our street!  Britton wants to hang out with them all (with me in tow), which often times leaves me chatting with the moms while Britton tries to keep up with the older kids.

She's still eating well, though she has definitely developed a sweet tooth!  This girl loves her lollipops and Oreos!  But she's also really enjoying fruit and veggies regularly, so I can't complain - everything in moderation.  


Likes:  walks, going to the park, playing with Sadie, dressing up in Princess dresses, school, dancing, singing, the original "Parent Trap" movie, reading books at night, going to the library and visiting the library parakeets

Dislikes:  not much these days - this girl has gotten to be so easy to get along with!


No comments:

Post a Comment