Friday, September 28, 2012

dancing in the rain


I remember when life was like this. I remember when my sister and I would splash in rain puddles, throw our pink ruffled umbrellas to the ground and walk in the rain until we were soaked to the bone.  We were young, but not so young that I can't recall how it felt.

It's been raining here all week.  And instead of making Britton cranky or ornery, she's taken it all in stride.  She tells me, "If it's stormy, we can't play outside because we could get hurt.  But it's ok if it rains because the flowers and birds love the rain."  I can't argue with that logic.  Yesterday afternoon I opened the garage door so we could scurry in quickly from the car, but Britton would have none of that.  She kept venturing back out into the rain, shrieking, laughing, then hightailing it back to the shelter of the garage.  Again and again.


No comments:

Post a Comment