Tuesday, September 18, 2012

red and tan triangle quilt


I saw this quilt on a quilting blog a year ago and just loved it (check it out Cluck Cluck Sew).  The only problem was, the quilt was supposed to use up red scraps.  And I didn't have any.  If my fabric stash is void of any color, it's red.  But why let logistics stop me?  I just bought as many red fabrics as I could!

Admittedly, this quilt became a pain very fast.  The process was easy, but tedious.  I pulled the blocks out last week, and when I started sewing them together, none of the points were matching up.  Plus, I was not prepared for how big the quilt was, which made quilting it cumbersome.  

Adding to the problems, I used a polyester batting to make the quilt lighter.  I had no idea that my spray baste wouldn't hold the batting to the layers, so as I was quilting it, the backing started slipping around. 


But as luck would have it, I ended up loving it!  The batting, even though it wouldn't cooperate, makes the quilt soft and light.  The quilt is just waiting for a rainy afternoon nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment