Tuesday, January 24, 2012

to the rodeo we go

The hub's friend Mark was able to get us tickets to the Fort Worth Rodeo on Sunday night. I was so excited because I have never been to a rodeo before, and the hub promised (and delivered) that it was incredible as a live event. Our seats were against the fence, front-row action, and we were treated to it all. Even dirt flying into our beers!

I forgot to bring my fancy camera, so I settled on the hub's iPhone. Thus, all the pictures are blurry. But I think they are still interesting to see, because they really capture the amount of power these animals have. I sat next to Mark's wife Deana, and she and I oohhhed and ahhhhed over every horse, they were that beautiful.

Here is some of the bull riding. No surprise, bulls don't want a full-grown man on their backs! I don't know how these men do it every night, treating their spines like a slap bracelet. And when those bulls would run towards our seats, drool hanging from their mouths, I admit that I was scared. Even with thick wire fences protecting me.



We saw one of the rodeo clowns get run over by the bull here. He seemed ok, but can you imagine?



These horses are unbroken. Meaning - they don't want you to ride them!



And the horse-riding. Amazingly fast. The charging thumps of their hooves and the flying dirt. This made me yearn for those moments I see Britton running full tilt, as fast as she can because she can. Riding a horse must be the equivalent for an adult. I would love to feel that free.

No comments:

Post a Comment