Monday, January 30, 2012

the library

On Saturday morning we introduced Britton to the local public library for her first library experience. I used to love the library, checking every week for my beloved "Sweet Valley Twins" and "Babysitter's Club" books. My sister and I even volunteered for a short period of time mending books, but since it's foggy in my mind I don't think we lasted long.

So we decided in a world of Kindles and Nooks and instantaneously-gratifying downloadable books, we'd treat Britton to the slower-paced, aisle-browsing, life that is the library. The first thing she spied was the computer stations! And we didn't have a log-on password for her, so she couldn't really use it. But she was fine with playing with the mouse.



She loved the reading nook with magazines, books, tables, and a purple "tree" in the middle. The hub and I took turns finding five books to take home, nothing too easy (pictures only) or too wordy (I like reading time, but not an hour of reading time). Britton helped us whittle down the selection, and we left with our books in tow. And we've read them every night.



No comments:

Post a Comment