Friday, January 27, 2012

all good things

I just have to share the cuteness that is my kid. She saw me and the hubs in our cowboy boots for the rodeo, and instantly wanted to put on her own boots. Well, we returned the cowboy boots from Christmas because she never so much as looked at them, and what a waste of money it would have been to keep them around to collect dust. So, no boots. But Memaw led Britton to the adorable ladybug rain boots she got her for Christmas, and Britton was in heaven. And she has proceeded to wear them every single day, and for obsessive-two-year-old measure has added back in the bumble bee costume I hid (I mean, "hung up") in the closet.

No pants is fine, Mom....



But my Halloween costume with the disintegrating feathers would be even BETTER!



And Thursday night Britton took her popsicle to the bath, and I had deja vu all over again. Hadn't I seen my child in the bath with a popsicle before?



Hmmmm.......maybe August 2010? Hmmmmm........



Same popsicle maker too! Love the Zoku! Britton thinks she's getting dessert, when in fact she's getting some watered-down pink lemonade. And they only take 7 minutes to freeze. Seriously, I just felt like David Venable from QVC there for a minute. "We've got your lilac, your red, your fuchsia, your build me up fill me up buttercup, getting low on the olive green folks..."

And finally, I can share the cute pillows I made for my nieces, since they arrived at Jessica's doorstep this week! You might remember that Jessica redecorated their room (see it here) and I offered to make some coordinating pillow covers. Jessica likes pinwheels and I like snowballs, so we went with one of each for each girl's bed. I picked fabrics from the colors of their new bedding.




The backings - kites on the snowballs and girls in the rain for the pinwheels. Ignore my wrinkles!



All ready to be sent to Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment