Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the 23rd week



This week is the first time I have noticed the feeling of being "full." For some reason, my belly feels smaller in the morning and gets bigger during the day. But I have now noticed a continued inability to get off the couch or out of bed easily! And I keep bumping into things with my belly, as if I am now completely without intuition of personal space. The hub got a laugh at Wal-Mart when I did this weird squat maneuver to get something off the bottom shelf. I just can't bend like I used to! I've only gained 10 pounds total, which my doctor is happy with. With the family history of gestational diabetes, I *hope* that not gaining too much weight might help ward it off.

I am enjoying pregnancy and wish it wasn't going by so quickly. I have a feeling that, like everything in life, it will be a piece of time I forget the details of in the future. Even now, I have a hard time remembering exactly how it felt/what happened when we found out I was pregnant. So, I've started a book for Baby B called "Letters to You" where I write letters detailing what is happening. Mostly I stick with a letter updating for doctor's appointments, and then any milestones (cravings, kicks, etc.). And I've included pictures. I love how my niece Caroline gets such a kick from seeing pictures of Jessica when she was pregnant with Caroline. Hopefully Baby B will get the same enjoyment from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment