Sunday, November 15, 2015

kate's baby quilt


Keeping up the trend in my office, my co-worker Kate is having a baby, due Christmas Day (if you're counting, which I bet you're not, that's the 5th baby this year for my floor).  This is the same pattern that I entered into the quilt show, and it works well for a baby quilt!  Kate is pregnant with her second daughter, and her department invited me to their baby shower.  I was hoarding a charm pack of Bonnie and Camille's "Miss Kate" and knew it was fate to use it for this quilt.  Kate's not a pastel pink-kind of gal, so the fun bright colors were right on par - green, navy, turquoise, orange, red, and salmon pink.  I used the salmon pink as the center circles.


I quilted in the ditch for the nine-patches and borders, then used a stencil for the center of the dresden plates.  I then quilted around the dresden plate.  The backing a light turquoise polka dot.


The baby shower was this week, and Kate loved the quilt!  This is a pattern I'm sticking in my back pocket for future baby showers - I love how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment