Sunday, November 1, 2015

trick or treat!


Another Halloween has come and gone!  This year Britton wanted to be a rainbow, so I asked her to design her costume.  Britton pulled out her rainbow of smelly markers and drew a dress, which I took with me to Joanns to select fabric.  Every color is one she picked out, and I added the white pom pom trim for fun.  I saw the princess crown and thought it looked like a sun, so I spray painted it yellow and then covered it in gold glitter.  

Barrett is George Pig, the little brother from Peppa Pig.  I found the blue shirt at Joanns (my second home, really), and ordered the pig hat and dinosaur from Amazon.  Barrett wasn't really in the Halloween spirit, other than chain-eating Dum Dum lollipops!  He went trick-or-treating to one house then wanted to go back home and hang out with Memaw.

This is the first year that Britton wanted to go trick-or-treating with her friends.  Without me.  I wasn't ready for it - I was putting out candy and looking for shoes, and Britton comes up and asks if she can go trick-or-treating with our neighbors.  Man, it stung.  Memaw and I had planned to take her, and the hubs was getting ready to come too, and we couldn't compete with the 8 and 10 year olds across the street.  Like Memaw said, you never know when it's coming.

I'm going to go comfort myself in Britton's trick-or-treat candy stash.  I suspect I will never be ready for this little girl to grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment