Saturday, November 7, 2015

barrett: 30 months old


Barrett is officially 2.5 years old today!  Happy half-birthday, Barrett!  Let me tell you a story about Barrett.  Every day when I get home from work, I go upstairs through the garage/basement.  Barrett hears me close the door between the garage and basement, and by the time I've climbed those stairs, he's already torn open the door at the top of the stairs.  And with a big drooly grin, he announces, "Mommy's home!  Hi, Mommy!  Hi!" and he leans in for his hug and doesn't let go quickly.  It's the best way to come home, and I look forward to it every day.  That is this kid.


Barrett loves being outdoors, and I'm not looking forward to when the soon-to-be-cold weather will keep him indoors.  I guess we'll just have to bundle up and suck it up that our kids would prefer to be outside!  He just goes, running, swinging, Cozy Coupe driving for hours.  He also loves his books, especially when he gets a Peppa Pig book read to him.  And he's taken to drawing all over Britton's math homework.  He's just expressing my opinion of Common Core, as far as I'm concerned!  


Likes:  Halloween candy (especially Reese's cups), playing in the dirt at Memaw and PawPaw's house, yelling for Britton when it's time for dinner

Dislikes:  when rain ruins his outdoor fun

No comments:

Post a Comment