Friday, April 3, 2015

britton: 68 months old


Yes, I am a day late and a dollar short!  Last night, after midnight, Barrett started crying and we thought he might let it go but he didn't, so the hubs got up and gave him a bottle.  Barrett drank all of 1 ounce, and still wouldn't just go to sleep, so I went in to rock with him, and when I got back into bed (Barrett still crying), Britton creeped in and I knew it was coming because how could she sleep through that mess?  I didn't want to fight it, frankly I just wanted to go to sleep, so while the hubs got the bottle, Britton crawled into bed up against me.  And as we're laying there, the hubs comes back to bed and the monitor is quiet, and I suddenly remember and say, "Is today April 2nd?  I forgot Britton's monthly picture!"  And it's 1:00 am, and no longer April 2nd, and everyone just needs some sleep, so I mentally put it on my to-do list for tomorrow.

Britton doesn't sleep with us often (usually only after she's stayed at Memaw and PawPaw's and is going through cuddle withdrawal), but when I let her - when she's had a bad dream or there's a terrible thunderstorm (hopefully she will take after her mother and learn to love thunderstorms one day), she's so cozy and sweet and holds my hand.  The hubs detests it, because Britton will shove her legs into him and push him off the bed, or worse yet, roll over on him and raise his body temperature to 100 degrees. Britton is definitely my heat-seeker.


So yes, a long story for why I'm a day late on this post - my brain forgot the date!  Lately, Britton has been very into dancing.  We don't have that "Just Dance" game, so I pull up internet videos of the dances for her follow, and she's now in love with "Final Countdown" and "Shape it Up." Sometimes I'll dance with her, but frankly, it's a sad sight when I join in!  Britton is in dance class on Saturday mornings, and has requested to do gymnastics this summer.

Lately we've been able to hang out outside before and after dinner, and that warmer weather is rolling in, so Britton loves to play freeze tag, regular tag, swinging or rock climbing on the playset, and chasing Barrett.  


Likes:  being chased by the hubs while he roars like a monster, the Cinderella dress up shoes she picked out (with golden butterflies), checking our seed starters to see if we have sprouts, the hubs' Chinese food recipes

Dislikes:  when Barrett wants to do everything she is doing

No comments:

Post a Comment