Wednesday, April 22, 2015

teacher appreciation gifts (a little early)

I've got Barrett's birthday party and a seminar I'm teaching coming up right around Teacher Appreciation Week.  So, in order to have some semblance of control over the amount of work staring me in the face for the next few weeks, I went ahead and made the teacher gifts.  I found this tutorial online for a lined zippered pouch and had to try it out.  I figured at worst, I'd waste $2 on a zipper and 15 minutes of my time.  But it turned out to be much easier than I thought, and I ended up making four!


"Sew Stitchy" by Aneela Hoey for the outside (little straight pins), red gingham for the inside (left over from Gigi's placemats).


"Remix" by Ann Kelle for the outside, orange text fabric for the inside.


A Japanese fabric with my favorite little elephants for the outside, seafoam gingham from Memaw's placemats for the inside.


A bumblebee favorite I've been hoarding for the outside, a yellow favorite from Joanns for the outside.


This was my first experience with zippers, and not nearly as troublesome as I thought it would be.  Each finished out at 10 inches by 6 inches. I went ahead and quilted the outside of the pouches to give them some heft and texture.  I hope the teachers will like them and make use out of them.  I've got some plans to make some more for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment