Sunday, April 5, 2015

happy easter!

Britton woke me up bright and early this morning, insisting that there weren't any eggs in the yard so the Easter Bunny didn't come.  I'm not sure what I said, probably incoherent mumbling about how the eggs are invisible until mom and dad get out of bed, but I did convince her to lay down for a couple of minutes so I could fall back asleep.  For 10 minutes.  Then I could no longer deny that this girl was excited about Easter and we needed to get up.  Because really, someone needed to get those eggs into the backyard!


Barrett got books and stickers, Britton got scented markers and pens.  Both got candy, which I ate for breakfast.  The push pops were the surprise hit of the candy, and Barrett managed to cover his face and hair with push pop stickiness!



Scented glitter gel pens and a new Frozen journal - this girl's heaven
 After checking out their baskets, the kids wanted to get into the backyard.  However, Memaw and PawPaw were on their way, so we stalled them with some egg dyeing.  I knew I'd be making some deviled eggs for Easter dinner, so dyeing eggs got me some hardboiled eggs and a fun activity for the kids.  We stuck with the coloring and the stickers - the glitter somehow got "misplaced."




Memaw and PawPaw arrived, with donuts and a ham!  Britton and Barrett ran to give them hugs, then checked out the Easter baskets they brought for them.  Then the kids found their coats and shoes, and were ready to get out into the backyard for an Easter egg hunt.



I heard a jingling sound, and turned around to see Barrett shaking the eggs he found.  He would just walk along, shaking an egg like a maraca and it was adorable!


Before we started on dinner, Britton and Memaw made their annual bunny cake.  Memaw and Britton have been making this cake every year (even when Britton was very little and couldn't really help so much as watch Memaw make it).



And the cake was delicious!  Actually, the entire meal was!  We had ham, deviled eggs, roasted asparagus, Hawaiian sweet rolls, and the Pioneer's Woman's twice-baked potato casserole.  We were all a little stuffed!


No comments:

Post a Comment