Thursday, February 5, 2015

the ben baby quilt


Have I mentioned that I have three co-workers with pregnant wives?  Whoa nelly, I need to make sure to never drink the water at the office!  One co-worker, Ben, is usually in the field.  So, slowly but surely, I've gotten some details out of him when he's visited the office.  And I found out he was having a girl, and his wife is due at the end of February.


I instantly thought of a granny squares quilt for him.  It just seems like such a sweet, fun pattern for a baby quilt, and it's not overly girly.  Ben doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would coat everything in pink just because he's having a daughter.  The backing is a beautiful flowered print and the binding is leftover Kona Lagoon.



A close-up of one of the squares.  I quilted it with a straight-line stitch in the ditch on either side of the center rows.  Then I stitched some rows around the outside border, about 1/2 an inch from each other.  Simple, which left the quilt so soft.


I'm planning on giving it to Ben after they have the baby.  It's all washed and folded and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. I love that! I wish I could crank out quilts as fast as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy! I love baby quilts because they are so quick :) And happy birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete