Friday, February 6, 2015

#1 laurie berkner fan over here

We're big into Laurie Berkner over here.  Big time.  Mainly because I can't play the radio in the car, and not get a ton questions I don't want to answer.  Things like, "I don't know why her anaconda don't want none, Britton."  So, the Laurie Berkner Band CD stays in a constant loop.  And, truth be told, some of her songs are pretty catchy.  One of Britton's favorites is "Party Day."  The lyrics go like this:

One little ladybug
Called up a banana slug
A cucumber beetle and an ant
They drove to the beach
Where each one of them
Taught that little ladybug a dance
A banana slug?  Heck yes!  A cucumber beetle? I'm all over it!  Britton was looking at the CD case the other day, and noticed that the banana slug, cucumber beetle (and its purple guitar), and the ant all make an appearance on the front.  Below is the banana slug.....



Britton is in love with the banana slug.  Seriously, in love.  And she and I started coming up funny things you could put a picture of a banana slug on - a shirt, a book, and Britton suggested a pillow.  Actually, she said, "On a really really really soft pink pillow, with googly eyes!"  Ask and ye shall receive, Britton.  I picked her up early from school today, and we hit up Joanns for some pink and orange tie-dye cuddly fabric, felt, and of course, googly eyes.


I admit, this pillow turned out way cuter than I thought it would!  Britton snipped threads while I sewed it, and she helped me glue on the eyes and sequins.  She even sewed some of the bottom where I sewed up the opening!


Britton is currently asleep on the pillow, since the cuddly fabric requires her to snuggle with it!  Seriously, who would have thought that a banana slug could be so darn adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment