Monday, February 23, 2015

another ben baby quilt

Yes, Ben is a popular name in my office!  This Ben, and his wife Courtney, are expecting their third child, but aren't finding out the gender.  This is always a fun challenge for a baby quilt, because gender-neutral tends to just wind up looking "boy."  

I'm not a purist who says boys must have blue and girls must have pink, I promise you that!  I decided on the flowering snowball pattern because I had just finished piecing the same pattern in a lap-sized quilt for myself.  That quilt went to the back burner so that I could work on some baby quilts.  Baby quilts are so much faster, and when you just want to have a finished product, baby quilts are the way to go!


The middle squares are green (Kona Grass Green, maybe?) and the white is my tried-and-true Kona White.  I knotted navy yarn in the middle of each four-patch, and added corresponding navy-patterned binding.  I stitched around the white circles, and left much unquilted so it would be all crinkly and lovely.



I found the backing in the clearance section of Joanns.  It's a Denise Schmidt print, and just the softest fabric I've found in a long time.  I loved how the print was just enough to not compete with the strong patterns of the fabrics on the front.  


Two baby quilts down, one to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment