Wednesday, September 3, 2014

it's crafty: quiltspiration

More and more, I find my quilt inspiration in random findings that aren't out of a quilt pattern book or found on a quilting blog.  Sometimes it seems that the quilters o'the internet are all making the same pattern, or using the same "newest must-have" fabric line, and all the photos and text blur into one big sameness.  So I'll peek through when I get a chance, but so far not much has been getting me excited about a new quilt.  Other than the one I'm currently working on now!

This is a shopping bag at Marshalls.  Multi-colored Union Jacks!  I love the colors (I do tend to gravitate towards rainbow quilts), but man oh man, that piecing would be a bear!


A co-worker's lunch bag.  I'm big into solids right now, and I think you could use the Drunkard's Path pattern (yes, it's a real pattern!) to achieve this look, just by mixing up the placement a bit.


Sometimes I will spot a quilt on television and have to rewind, pause, and snap a photo.  I watch "How I Met Your Mother" reruns while I sew - I don't have to pay close attention and I find the show funny and entertaining.  And while watching one night, this ad (I think it's an Overstock or Wayfair commercial) came on.  What a great scrap quilt!


And last, this isn't quilt-related, but it is crafty.  At Cammy's, I wasn't ready to leave the beach behind.  So we collected some sand, shells, and ocean water, and I made my own little beach to take home with me.  Just superglue the lid on so it doesn't leak!  I want to make one for each new beach vacation I take.


No comments:

Post a Comment