Sunday, May 11, 2014

mother's day 2014


Memaw and Paw Paw came into town on Saturday to celebrate Barrett's first birthday.  We went out for lunch at Emiliano's, then cupcakes at home.  And it gave me a chance to show off my Mother's Day gifts from the kids - plants!  Their school had requested we bring in one shoe without the expectation of getting it back.  Okay.....I was stumped.  But I brought in one of Britton's flip flops, and no shoes for Barrett since he doesn't have any.  Fast forward to Friday morning, and I received my gift from Britton - her shoe was painted silver and had been transformed into a plant holder!  

Britton's planter

Barrett's plant, with a handprint card

She also made me a beautiful card with a drawing of us on the front.  One the back were her answers to questions about me, and it seems that Britton thinks I'm 60 years old, loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and watch oil and gas at work!  


I only had one request to the hubs for a gift - a journal.  I saw something in a magazine (maybe "Southern Living"?) about having your kids write in a journal every year for Mother's Day.  I'm the unofficial family historian, keeping up family videos (complete with photo slideshows) and photo albums.  I've taken monthly pictures of both kids for their entire lives.  I am a sucker for nostalgia.  So a journal for my kids to write me messages every year - even expanding it to my birthday and Christmas and big family events - that is right up my alley!





No comments:

Post a Comment