Saturday, August 31, 2013

a day of firsts

Our day of "firsts" started off with Barrett eating cereal for the first time!  This past week he's been eating more and more, one night even getting up twice to eat 7 ounces at each waking.  He's growing out of his 9 month clothing, so I figured that even if he was a few weeks shy of 4 months, we'd go ahead and start him on cereal.  


Barrett actually liked it!  I imagine it doesn't taste much different than his formula since it's rice cereal.  Britton was all excited, asking if she could feed him and being downright surprised when I said yes!  She did a great job, and got a lot of the cereal in his mouth.  Good thing since I forgot to buy any bibs!




Then after the cereal excitement, Britton and I headed out for her first movie theater experience!  Britton asked me last week if we could go to the movie theater, and I figured four years old is old enough to go to the theater.  Unfortunately, this summer has been lacking in awesome blockbusters, so I decided on "Planes" (it was either that or "Monsters University" and we've not seen the first Monsters movie).  


Yes, I'm the mom taking pictures of my kid in front of the sign.  And the giant display in front of concessions!


Popcorn and lemonade in hand, we got into the theater and found some seats.  When the movie started Britton told me the movie was too loud and covered her ears.  Whenever she'd grab a hand of popcorn she'd remove one hand from her ear but leave the other up!  Twenty minutes before the movie ended, Britton decided she was done and wanted to go home.  She wasn't overly into the movie (admittedly, it lacked the pizazz you expect from Disney) and was tired of the deafening volume.  I asked her if she was sure and she was so we left.  But she left with a smile and pride at having just been to her first movie in the theater!  She informed me on the way home that next time we go to the theater she wants to see "Snow White" - um, I'll try to work that one out for you, Britton!


No comments:

Post a Comment