Friday, August 16, 2013

to the dentist ( i can't think of anything snappy)


Yesterday Britton had her bi-annual (is that twice a year? I can never remember) dentist visit, and this girl was excited. I totally get it. I love going to the dentist too, though not nearly as much as I used to love going to the dentist when it cost me nothing and I never had cavities. Ahhh, those were the days. Anywho, I have infected Britton with my dentist-clean-smooth-teeth love, and she's hooked. Which is a good thing because did you know that teeth are the only part of the body that can't repair itself? It's amazing the things the hubs tells me when I'm actually listening. I figure that Britton needs to learn early that you either take good care of your teeth or you end up with those funny plastic teeth in a water glass on your nightstand.


Note to self: Britton does not like the strawberry-flavored polisher. Poor thing started gagging and almost called the whole thing off right there. But I got her to reconsider her flavor choice and she went with mint. The hygienist wasn't so sure ("Does she really like mint? Does she know what it is?"), but I assured her that Britton loves those swirly peppermint candies so she probably would like mint. And she did.


As a reward for being so good and not trying to bite the hygienist (apparently it's quite a common phenomenom), Britton got to pick out some stickers and a couple of presents from the treasure chest. The treasure chest! She was intrigued to no end. Britton went with a brightly-colored pencil, no surprise there, and then picked out what I thought were tiny stickers. But why were there only two in the pack? Wait a second! They were those sticker earrings! And I had tons of them as a kid because my mom would not let Jessica and I get our ears pierced until we were ten years old. They stick everywhere but your ears. Not ten seconds after I snapped this picture to show Britton, that earring was missing. Luckily, the sticker earrings didn't bring up any discussion about "real" earrings because no, my four-year-old is not getting her ears pierced, just no.


And if you're wondering, yes, she got to keep the snazzy star sunglasses. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment